Saturday, July 26, 2008

Thursday, for now.

Breakfast was mac n cheese with hot dog slices and some of the lentil curry. The fridge on my floor is one of those small fridges with the freezer box inside the main fridge compartment and my food always freezes, even when it's two shelves below the freezer. The freezing was good for the texture of the lentil curry, though, and they made a nice pair with my boxed mac n cheese.
I was in the mood for more substantial lunch fare, though, so when co-workers suggested the burger joint in Le Parker Meridien Hotel, I, of course, agreed. I had mine medium rare with the works and split a side of fries with one of my co-workers. I've had better burgers at dinner time. The lunch crowd was definitely more hectic than the evenings so maybe that contributed to the slip in quality. It's still a great burger, and at $7.50 for just the burger, it's still pricey for my lunch standards, but that doesn't keep me from going back about once a month.
Then there was pop corn at my new favorite bar, Rehab. They have an old-school popcorn machine, like you might have found in a 1950's movie house. It's a nice touch on a space that's already doing a brilliant job of straddling the line between decor and decrepitude.
And then, that evening, just for the ABA plot structure, it was mac n cheese with hot dogs round deux. When I get in the mood, I can eat pounds of the stuff.

No comments: