Saturday, April 5, 2008

Friday is always the last to know.

Thursday night I was talking to some friends about my blog and how totally rad it is. They had a question about how I make it so rad, and I thought maybe you'd like to hear the question and then be informed of my answer. If you want to hear the question, you should read or, in the case that you can't read or speak out loud or have fantasies about people reading to you, have some other passers by read the following out loud: "How do you remember everything you ate the day before? That must keep your brain sharp."

Well, it is good practice. Just like riding a bicycle, sometimes we get really bad at doing things that we don't do often. This often leads to you being ridiculed by friends and passers by. I recommend that you practice remembering things at least once a day. You can start by remembering to remember something tomorrow. If you forget, you should write it down and practice a lot.

Case in point, I forgot to mention that on Thursday night while waiting in line for the UCB show, I ate a banana and watched passers by pass me by. I failed to remember this when writing yesterday, so you didn't know that I ate that banana until just now. This is not only a good example of why we should practice remembering, but also illustrates how little trust I deserve from you the reader. Rest assured that my journalistic integrity is in tact, though, and upon remembering something I ate that I have not told you about, I will be sure to tell you the next time I post.

As for food I actually ate on Friday, well, I didn't eat much, since I spent most of my time playing Desktop Tower Defense. I was, in fact, up until 4AM playing but I hope that now my fever has broken and I should again be able to sleep without dreaming of being swarmed by green triangles with eyes. What I did eat could fit into one kind of long sentence, like this:

I consumed the following more or less in the order they are listed: a bacon egg and cheese sandwich from the cafeteria, a bottle of Odwalla Pomegranate Limeade, a cup of Green Mountain Sumatran Roast coffee with a packet of amaretto creamer and a packet of regular creamer, leftover swillsagna with sour cream on top, lots of water, a banana, one fried chicken thigh, a small roll and a bowl of rice with sesame oil, soy sauce, and Adobo.

But if I just wrote like that every day, I wouldn't be the most popular blog on the interwebs about the things that I ate yesterday. I can't let some passers by observe my eating habits and then scoop me on what I had for dessert. That would be very demoralizing.

That is precicely the kind of cheap trick I'm going to pull now, however, because I want a nap. Check in tomorrow for a full-color photo spread of dinner.

No comments: