Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Tuesday has come and gone

Breakfast!
It was nice to be able to eat what you will soon realize is my most common breakfast, and not just because I am telling you so now. I eat egg and cheese burritos or an egg and cheese sandwich as many as five times a week depending on my mood, income and place of work. I would say my average is around 15 days a month, which is actually 6.93 burritos a week, factoring for the odd day when I only have one burrito instead of two. It's true. I even had a CMU graduate do my statistical analysis.

Today, er, yesterday, I mean, was a two burrito day. I threw some diced green pepper in the pan with butter on a low heat, then scrambled two eggs with a dash of Adobo and a shot of McIlhenny's Chipotle tabasco sauce and scrambled them until they just barely set. Then I heated two tortillas until soft on my square griddle, lay two slices of Monterray Jack cheese on each, topped it with eggs and rolled it up. Since I was about to hop on my bike, I had to wrap them up and take them to go.

Eating those for breakfast, though, it was very easy to wait until 2:15 for lunch. I did have a cup of the Flavia tea with 1 creamer, though. For better or worse, though, there were no mushroom flashbacks. It was noticeably less loamy, though, which may have accounted for the more traditional tea drinking experience. Though.

Lunch was leftovers, but oddly, not leftover from another meal, just simply left over from when I first made them for lunch last Friday. It was the pasta with olive oil, butter, basil and, yes, Adobo. For those of you playing the "Everything I Ate Yesterday" drinking game (and reading my mind as I type, naughty, naughty), I apologize for putting you two shots down before 10AM on a Wednesday.

I also had two slices of ham left from Easter. Sadly, this was the last of my Easter ham. Less sadly, my late lunch provided me the opportunity to watch the first 25 minutes of the UEFA Champions League match between Manchester United and AS Roma. I hate Rooney, mostly because I feel he shares some Neanderthal facial similarities to "President" George W. Bush, so I was all sorts of disappointed and culturally conflicted when I heard that Man U won 2-0 and that Rooney himself had scored. I bet they're related.

Dinner was great. I know maybe my mother wouldn't agree, but you and I know that there are lots and lots of vitamins in rainbow sherbert. I'd only meant it as a little snack to cool down after riding home, but I ended up scooping quite a bit into the bowl. Just to add a serving of grains, I also had one of the sugar-glazed donuts that we buy in six-packs for $1.19 at the local grocery. At those prices, you know they use only the finest ingredients.

Of course there was the flat ginger ale in the evening. And then, around 9PM I figured I should eat something aproximating traditional dinner before it got too late, so I made a wrap with Monterray Jack, peppercorn turkey breast, baby spinach a little brown mustard and some miracle whip.

I do apologize to my younger readership who really enjoyed how I "stuck it to the man" with my sherbert stunt. There is hope, kids. One day you will eat ice cream covered in Lucky Charms for dinner. You will eat nothing but pizza for weeks at a time. You will find a way to live off Mountain Dew, Doritos and Snickers free of the tyrany of your parents nutritional standards. That time is called college, and it is why you should study hard now. There is a light at the end of AP Calculus.

6 comments:

Bobby Brown said...

my brain exploded around paragraph three

Captain Cashew said...

and i was having one of my "light days"

Zachary said...

Miracle Whip? MIRACLE WHIP?!?!


I thought better of you.

Captain Cashew said...

man, miracle whip is great for so many reasons. about the only time i'd rather use mayo than miracle whip is to spread on the outside of a grilled cheese sandwich before frying. if you've never tried that, the mayo grilled cheese thing, do it. it's excellent. the miracle whip doesn't get crispy, though, it just kinda turns into this sticky brown scum. otherwise, helzyeah, miracle whip.

Zachary said...

No. I won't believe it.

Also, despite my love of mayo, sticking to plain old butter for my bread grilling.

Captain Cashew said...

your loss, really. I hope my other readers can get past their hangups to see the glory that is mayo-fried grilled cheese sammiches.