Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A Tuesday without cookies

Sad though it may be, there was no cookie parade this Tuesday. It seems as though the whole world is in disarray. I haven't been particularly hungry and my circadian rhythms are still messed up. This, to me, is apparently my whole world.

I woke up this morning a little before 6AM and I wasn't sleepy at all. There wasn't even any point to laying in bed and trying to go back to sleep. I wanted to get up and be productive. It was a disturbing feeling. I shot right to the kitchen to throw a Jeno's combination

Breakfast was a combination Jeno's pizza and a pair of Nutty Bars. I opted for easy breakfast to take some time on lunch. I made a nice tuna salad with carrots, celery, miracle whip and ground horseradish. Even if you're not a fan of the heavy horseradish burn, just a dash in anything you use canned tuna in brightens up the dish and mitigates the "fish from a can" funk. I made three tuna wraps with the tuna salad, munster cheese and the dregs of the TJ Spring Salad Mix.

I didn't eat them, though. In fact, they're still in the fridge in this office. Sometime after coffee (Green Mountain's Sumatran) one of the other administrative assistants came down with a bagged lunch from some event upstairs. It was, funily enough, a tuna sandwich, partnered with an apple and a bag of potato chips. I had half of the sandwich, but it was the high-grade light tuna that still kind of looks like fish and is really dry. I'm more of a "chunk light in water" kind of guy. I used a whole packet of Helman's mayo on just half of the sandwich and added the other half to my growing tuna collection in the fridge.

The apple was also a bit of an odd coincidence since I'd just been chastised over the weekend by a concerned reader about the lack of fruit in my diet outside of the berries that mix into the cookie parade. He said, "Apples bla bla good for you bla bla dietary fiber by volume bla bla bla," or something. I can tell you the bean burritos really provided all the fiber my colon needed, but I thought it would be wasteful not to eat the apple. Mottai nai yo! It was a golden delicious and I actually really enjoyed it. Never once did I think of dipping it in caramel or sauteing it in butter and cinnamon. It was very filling too so I suppose my friend was right with the "bla bla fiber bla" bit.

Besides all the water I have to drink because of riding my bike in this glorious weather. There wasn't too much else to the day. When I got home, I wasn't very hungry. It must have been a magic apple. Yep, probably a magic apple.

Sometime around 9PM I figured I should eat just in case I was hungry, so I had a bowl of spicy ramen that was actually labeled "udong noodle soup" in the "English" on the package. I suppose the noodles were a little thicker than your standard ramen, but they definitely weren't udon noodles. They were from China, though, and my understanding of kanji in Chinese usage is not so hot that I know what they were actually intended to be if not "ramen."

They were a nice step above Maruchan. They had the packet of dried sea weed, corn starch puffs and pepper flakes that most U.S. distributers don't bother to add. The packet was labeled "frying soup base" for some reason that I couldn't discern. It was nice and spicy and went very well with issues 4-10 of All-Star Superman and a Yeungling. It's nice to see Grant growing up a bit

1 comment:

Zachary said...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/main.jhtml?xml=/health/2005/10/31/hdiet31.xml

It has obviously worked for me.