Friday, April 18, 2008

Wednesday of the D'Ubervilles

Yeah, lame title, sorry.

Breakfast was burritos, as my more loyal and/or attentive readers darn well already know. Eggs+bacon+green pepper+green onion+goat cheese = 7.1 out of 10. Not the best breakfast burritos ever, but better than the hot dog and green pepper ones. Are you all abusing the definition of burrito at home? I hope so.



And then there was coffee. That should have come before light in that Bible story, because a cup of coffee goes real nice with sunrise. It also goes nice with almond flour sugar cookies. It doesn't go so nice with Flavia Milky Way hot chocolate. Not even the Milky Way brand label could trick me into thinking there was any flavor at all in that crap. I tried to trick the machine into making a Milky Way/Espresso combination, but it didn't pan out and I just ended up with a small cup of Milky Way hot chocolate. I made myself a normal sized cup of coffee with the Espresso and titrated a little of the Milky Way mess into my coffee, carefull not to allow too much of the obnoxious chemical chocolate to overpower my obnoxious chemical coffee.

After I emptied my coffee mug, I refilled it with Chef Boyardee Ravioli. I had a nice lunch on the cafeteria patio while working on a new dramatic script. Now that I've stopped writing this one scene, though, it's proving difficult to pick back up. It's amazing how quickly and thoroughly your mental muscles will atrophy from disuse. Even the mental sit-ups of recounting my diet proove taxing at times. (hence me not posting this meager offering till Friday morning)

After eating such a classy lunch, I decided to have a really classy snack. There were still four cheese and peanut butter cracker sandwiches in my desk left over from the last time I posted about eating them. Yeah, it's been a while. They were mostly broken and crumbled and I had to drink a mouthful of orange chunk and powder to finish the bag. I think I hear Mark Sommers whimpering in the distance.

Since I had that canned pasta for lunch, I was in the mood for something different for dinner. I had pasta, spaghetti and tomato sauce with parmesean cheese on top. Only the sauce was canned; the spaghetti was dried, as per usual and the cheese was pregrated in one of those plastic shakers with the three holes on one side of the lid and the big smile on the other so that when you open both sides of the lid it looks like a wierd hybrid of Oscar the Grouch and the Trasmetropolitan smiley-face. I made some whole wheat "garlic bread" by toasting some $2 loaf wheat bread, "buttering" it with "I can't believe it's not butter" spread and seasoning it with Adobo seasoning.

Despite the gigantic portion of spaghetti I made, I just did not feel full afterwards. so I took a celery stalk and filled the main groove with crunchy peanut butter. I just cannot get over how good that is, seriously. Have you tried it? It's the best thing since graham crackers and butter. If you don't know what I'm talking about, I'll explain it later, and you'll either be the happiest you've ever been about food since you were six or you'll throw up in the back of your mouth a little bit and worry about my cardiac health.

1 comment:

Zachary said...

I've been using tortillas to wrap my lunch meat and vegetables in for lunch all week. You are probably to blame. You are such a bad influence on me.