Friday, April 25, 2008

Thursday in the great outdoors

I didn't eat breakfast this morning due to prolonged exposure to snuggles, so my coffee, Flavia espresso roast with the French vanilla creamers, hit an empty stomach. As a reslult, by the time lunch rolled around I felt VERY HUNGRY.

That just made finally eating those tuna wraps from Tuesday that much better. Having lunch in the park also put a nice sparkle on what would otherwise have been pretty average lunch fare. Not too bad considering they sat in the fridge for two days. I also had half a bag of potato chips before I got bored of them and stuffed them back in my bag.

The real highlight of lunch was desert. I decided to splurge after lunch and hit up one of the Central Park ice cream carts. I had a strawberry crunch bar and my partner in park lunch had a mango fruit bar. The strawberry crunch bar gave me some serious flashbacks to middle school, the last time I ate strawberry crunch bars on a regular basis.

Dinner came in stages, or more like waves. First, there was the lonely scallop trying to get along with two shrimp in a sad little plastic bag in my fridge. I didn't want them to sit there any longer, so together with some leftover refried beans, they combined powers to form a seafood burrito.

Then i ate a lot of Indian food. the end.

1 comment:

Zachary said...

How was the strawberry crunch bar. I suspect they may be shown to be sub-par fare to the adult pallet.

Also, why do these places you go to work have instant coffee anyway? It isn't like real coffee is hard to pull off. It just seems strange.